Squash Update: June 17th, 2020
We are very excited to be open again and can't wait to get back into the swing of things (pun intended).
That said, we are still taking strict measures to reduce the risk of COVID-19. The health and safety of our members remain the top priority. Please read the guidelines below before using the squash courts.
PHASING INTO SQUASH DURING COVID-19
Before July 1st, 2020
From now until July 1st, the beginning of Phase 4, we ask that members use the courts for solo practice (one person on the court at a time) or games with household members only. As squash is a close contact sport in a confined space, it is not recommended that games with non-household members are played at this time.
From July 1st, 2020
From July 1st, socially distanced private lessons will be available. To pre-book lessons, contact Melina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we continue to get information and recommendations from the Department of Health, we will move through the following phases of reopening squash.
- Currently, only solo practice and games with household members are allowed.
- From July 1st, socially distanced private lessons are available and will remain available throughout the phases below.
- Games within your trusted social circles will resume while adhering to social distancing as best as possible. There will be no leagues, programming, or tournaments.
- Games with an extended network of members will resume while adhering to social distancing as best as possible. Box league and small clinics will resume.
- Tournaments, clinics, leagues, and indoor squash fitness classes will resume while following the recommended social distancing and health and safety precautions.
Squash Rules During COVID-19 Pandemic
For the safety of our staff and members, the following rules will be in effect while using the squash courts:
- You must book a court using the court booking system on Gigasports if you plan to use the courts. No walk-ons allowed.
- Always wear your mask while outside the court.
- Use hand sanitizer before entering the court and as frequently as possible.
- Bring your own ball or purchase one from the front desk. No communal equipment will be offered at this time.
- Bring your own racquet. No communal equipment shall be offered at this time.
- Disinfect the door handle before entering and leaving the court.
- Do not touch the walls or wipe sweat on the walls of the court.
- Try to avoid using the benches outside the court. If you use a bench, please disinfect it after use.
- No handshaking or high fives after matches.
- Try to avoid leaving sweat on the court as much as possible. Sweatbands and personal use towels are recommended.
Don't forget, your body needs to ease into squash as well. Start slow, follow the safety guidelines.
We look forward to phasing back into squash safely and seeing you on the courts.